Royal Junior School and Orphanage in Mityana, Uganda where we are praying to get our child(ren) from

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Obedience to God Means Taking Risks

We heard these words on Sunday in a sermon by our youth Pastor Bryan Roe

"Obedience to God means taking risks" (Based on Daniel 1:8-14)

about 36 hours after Andy and I had chosen to step out to the calling we feel God is calling us to.....ADOPT!!! So we are making it publicly known that we are starting the adoption process for a child/children from Uganda. We are not sure if God has a boy/girl or sibling group for us. 

OK tears are starting to fill my eyes.... I just made the first step....calling for the home study process!! I have to say tears are flowing, in anticipation for what God has coming, what God is doing in and through our family, in excitement for our family to expand, and in eagerness to meet our new child/children!!  

I hear God saying to me!!
Don’t FEAR! “...My God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” —Philippians 4:19

Also famous words of our awesome Pastor Byran "God provides what you need to do His Will" (based on Daniel 1:15-21)

We always thought (first mistake) that we had to have our marriage in order, our finances, and our family...but the truth is we will never be the perfect married couple, we will always be working on our marriage, it is a work in progress!!! We will never be perfect at our finances, as long as we learn obedience, as we are trying everyday!!! We will never be the perfect family, we all BELIEVE in each other and that is what makes us a FAMILY!!! As Rick Warren said....."If God only used perfect people, nothing would get done. God will use anybody if you're available."

So as we move forward what we need is prayers mostly, as most of you know there is a cost with adoption we have not been told exact number but we are looking some where around 13K for one child, so if you feel lead to give to the cause please do so, as we are trusting the Lord fully in this journey. We will be doing fundraisers throughout the process, applying for grants, etc. 

We have started a ministry called Isaiah's Hope Orphan, Adoption and Foster Care Our Mission is to extend God’s heart to the orphans of the world by being His hands and feet and sharing His love with them. It is our responsibility and privilege to educate and assist in the journey through adoption, fostering or sponsorship by raising awareness in our community and around the world, enabling Christians to open their hearts and homes to children in need if forever families. For more information please contact me. 

As our theme song for the ministry rings in my head let me share it with you... Follow you by Leeland

You lived among the least of these
The weary and the weak
And it would be a tragedy for me to turn away.

All my needs you have supplied.
When i was dead you gave me life.
How could i not give it away so freely?

And i`ll follow you into the homes that are broken.
Follow you into the world.
Meet the needs for the poor and the needy god.
Follow you into the world.

Use my hands use my feet
To make your kingdom come
Through the corners of the earth
Until your work is done
`cause faith without works is dead
And on the cross your blood was shed
So how could i not give it away so freely?

And i`ll follow you into the homes that are broken.
Follow you into the world.
Meet the needs for the poor and the needy god.
Follow you into the world.

I give all myself.
I give all myself
I give all myself.to you.

And i give all myself.
Yes i give all myself.
And i give all myself.to you.

And i`ll follow you into the homes that are broken
Follow you into the world.
Meet the needs for the poor and the needy god.
                              Follow you into the world. 
                

Lord we will follow you into the world!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. What? Congratulations! Wonderful news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! YES! Thank you we are so excited!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you Dawn. It will be an amazing journey that will take all you've got, but you will find joy unspeakable! Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME NEWS! CONGRATULATIONS on your first step of faith on this journey to your children! Though they say adoption is not for the faint of heart, the BLESSINGS each step of the way knocks your socks off! Blessings to you and your family! I look forward to following your journey!

    ReplyDelete